A bowl of cherries have always been an Aussie fav to have around the home. But we think this tasty morsel can be more than a piece of fruit, especially when it comes to Christmas entertaining. From a cherry pie recipe, cherry guessing game, to cherry ice cubes, you can make sure that no cherry will go to waste.
Sweet Cherry Pie
There’s a song about it for a reason! Cherry pies are a sweet solution for those who want a quick and easy treat for afternoon tea or dessert.
- 4 cups cherries, pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Mix ingredients for filling.
- Place in pastry-lined pie pan.
- Put top crust on. Cut vent slits in top crust, and flute edges.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 220°C for 25 minutes, reduce heat to 175°C and bake for 25-30 minutes more.
Cherry guessing game
The silly season comes with a lot of silly games. This Christmas, entertain the kids with a cherry guessing game! It’s very cherry simple. Place your cherries in a bowl, let the kids view for 10 seconds before hiding them. Let the kids guess how many there are.
Cherry Flavoured Ice Cubes
Impress your family and friends with an oh-so-stylish ice cube in their drink. These cherrylicious cubes go perfectly with most fizzy drinks. The next time you fill up your ice cube tray, why not have a go!
- Ice cube tray
- Place cherries with stem up in tray.
- Fill with water.
- Freeze overnight.