Guilt Free Vegan Friendly & Gluten-free Green Falafels
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Recipe makes 12 falafels
3 large green collard leaves
17 oz canned chickpeas
¾ tbsp. salt
½ tbsp. lime juice
1/8 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. chickpea flour
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Wash the greed collard leaves and remove the stems, roll it up and blitz it in the food processor until fine.
- Drain chickpeas. Add them to the food processor. Blitz it up. Transfer your mixture into a large bowl.
- Add salt, garlic powder and lime juice. Mix everything together.
- Add in the chickpea flour into the mix until you can form little patties. (Around 2 table spoons)
- Heat a large pan with olive oil.
- Add your falafels when the pan is hot enough. Let it fry on both sides until crispy on the outside.
Serve with your favourite salad and enjoy!