It’s time to get fruity, with our non-alcoholic mocktail recipes!
Whether you’re enjoying a book in the garden or having friends over for a bbq these fruity favourites make for a perfect summers drink.
They’re easy, refreshing and full of flavoursome fruits, not to mention their detoxifying properties.
Fresh, fruity and fun, the Ki-Berry (kiwi and raspberry) can be shaken up in less than 5 minutes.
Lemon juice (fresh)
2/3 Soda water
1/3 Raspberry Liqueur
Garnish: Sliced kiwi & Raspberrys
1. Combine lemon juice, soda water and raspberry juice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake ingredients together well. Strain into champagne flute to give it that extra bit of glamour.
3. Garnish with a few raspberries and thin slices of kiwi.
The Watermelon Wonder
Watermelon is a summer classic, containing vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids this fruity mock has to be our favourite.
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
10 cup diced watermelon
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
4 cups chilled club soda
Garnish: mint leaves
1. Combine sugar, water, and ginger in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring with a whisk.
2. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Then strain to get rid of any solid bits.
3. Working in batches, place diced watermelon and fresh lime juice in a blender; process until smooth. Strain the watermelon mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher and chilled soda.
4. Garnish with mint leaves. And there you have it, the perfect pitcher!
The Belly Warmer
For those summer evenings with a cool breeze, this Apple and Cinnamon belly warming mocktail is the perfect fuzzy feel good.
4-5 cups apple juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Garnish: cinnamon sticks and apple slices
1. In a small pot heat the apple juice and spices over low/medium heat.
2. Stir often while the mixture is heating so the spices will blend into the juice.
3. Once it’s hot, pour into mugs and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Pomo & Pears!
For an elegant and fruity cocktail ready in just 5 minutes, try this easy bellini made with lemonade and pomegranate juice.
1. Slice the pear.
2. Fill the pitcher 1/3 full with pomegranate juice.
3. Add the sliced pears, then fill the pitcher to the top with lemonade and stir.
4. Place pomegranate seeds in bottom of 4 glasses to get that mocktail look.
Any left over fruit from your delicious mocktails just through into a jug and add crisp fresh lemonade and lots of ice or if you are looking for a bit of jazz top it off with some champers or bubbles.
Charlotte M – Seeing Me Project blogger